It is advisable to take out specialist  insurance for your holiday and mobility equipment.   If your mobility equipment is damaged in transit the United Nation’s Montreal Convention sets out airlines compensation responsibilities.

Some families take out specialist insurance for one adult & their disabled child in their travelling party and the other adult & siblings take out standard insurance/single parent insurance to save some expense.    However it would probably not be possible for the family to stay together should a situation arise It’s possible to ‘top up’ some standard policies but, sometimes specialist insurance is necessary, we do not endorse any companies.  If you are flying with the support of a charitable foundation they often provide a list of insurers.

More information on the importance of insurance can be found here